Monday, March 9, 2009

And So It Begins.......

Welp, since the start of the year I decided to get back into the dating scene. Jumping back into the fray, so to speak. This could get ugly…

I hadn’t expected this (most things in life are like that). A year ago I saw a different path I was going to be on, but circumstances arose that caused a major detour. To put it simply, a long term relationship I was in abruptly ended and I was faced with being in the single situation again.

In my single existence, I was never a dynamic social animal. I was never one who was well-versed in the ways with women or attracting them. I was basically an idiot. I was the guy who would stand on the sidelines hoping something would happen, never trying to make it happen. My shyness and lack of confidence was a fatal detriment to improving my social circumstances. After some reflection and some quality ‘Me Time’ I decided it was finally time to make some real effort in improving this aspect of my life.

It’s been a slow start since the beginning of the year, but I’m ready to give the attention that is needed on this. Admittedly, I have no idea what I’m doing. I’ve been trying to cull any information or advice I can on the subject of meeting women.

I wanted to document this experience for my own benefit. Hopefully, knowing that I’m recounting these experiences and charting my progress in this area will provide an additional motivation of not to neglect it.

I know there are others out there in similar situations. Single folk who are looking for that special someone with their own obstacles to overcome. With any luck my accounts could help them or at least open the window to hearing their thoughts and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment